Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 9: What will heaven be like?

We went to church today and it was wonderful. Normally I would tune out to a service in an entirely different language, but today was different. Even though more than half of the songs were in Creole, there was a great peace and I felt like God was there. 


I let a couple of kids use my Tablet even though it had my Bible on it. It felt good to let them use it for a bit and I got to use the time to just talk to God. The pastor only seemed to reference the scriptures anyways. The Haitian Pastor is pretty animated and I couldn't tell if it was one of those "Fire and Brimstone" services or he was just excited. I'm glad I couldn't because it would have ruined the whole experience if it was a fire and brimstone service. 

Also their churches are a lot more open, literally. Most of the "walls" are metal bars placed to  in such a way that they don't give you the impression that you're in a prison, which is quite a feat for metal bar windows. 

Even though it was in a different language it was beautiful and made me think of what Heaven will be like. Since I knew the songs it wasn't to hard to follow. I figure Heaven will have people of every culture so it'll have a bit of this feeling we had today where there were Haitians and American Christians coming together to worship God.

No comments:

Post a Comment