Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 17: Checking out the Beans for the last time

Haiti is interesting. I will miss Manansse, Delmonte, and Macles, but I will say I'm glad that this is my last full day in Haiti. I enjoy the sunshine and the green in the mountains, but Haiti has a lot of struggles. Among those struggles are learning how to manage their natural resources so that they neither become dependent on them or run out. I miss my family and my friends from home and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Today we checked on all the beans again and collected data on them. I hope that the work we helped Dr. Dirt do will help the Haitians. There's a lot more emphasis on community in Haiti than in America, at least from what I can see. This is something I would like to work at and something I think is lacking in America. For the most part I'm just happy to be heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment